Pages

Thursday, 8 May 2014

News Report Editing

So being the editor I set to work the evening of the filming so I could get this green screen news report edited and onto a disk for the next scene to be filmed. The first things we did was to record the footage of the mini-dv tape as the camera we were using had this format and was the only camera of its sort. Having done this the best clip for each of the 3 sections was put together and copied into final cut pro. Having done this the 3 sections were then imported into final cut pro and put next to each other.


I was then ready to start the green screen editing and I firstly added a color smoothing 4.1.1 to the image which helps get rid of the jagged image around the anchor. Filters will then be applied from descending order from the color smoothing. I then added a chroma Key filter and selected the green behind the anchor in a flat area and it selected it so all the green around the subject matter was turned into black. Finally I added a feather around the subject matter so elements such as hair was softened.  



Finally the background image was place underneath the subject matter and cropped in behind him so that the subject matter was on top of the background and having done this I spent a little more time going back and changing the interface settings such as the chroma key and smoothening the feather brush which allowed all the green to be taken away on the image. The one problem I faced was the sleeves of the subject matter but I did the best I could seeing as he was wearing a white shirt but as picky as I am this was only a very small default in a very successful idea from the team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment