Pages

Thursday, 8 May 2014

Filming Wednesday Scene 2 and 4




On the first day of filming we were filming the two most important scenes due to their location. The first location for scene 2 was in one of the classrooms inside the EMB building at the university. The classroom was long and narrow so we knew we could make it look fairly like an office. Seeing as I was editor Heather Hall asked me if I wanted to help as an assistant camera man for the shootings and seeing as it was my camera we were using (the canon 60D) I was able to show her a few things if she needed it. The whole of this scene was going to be hand held to get a feel for the piece so needed a steady hand while filming. Th lighting in the room was also lucky for us quite nice and well lit so when it came so shooting peoples faces we had no problem. Heather Kelland kindly stepped in as the boss who would fire Larry and played the part well as did our actor Ryan who played Larry. Overall the scene was shot nicely and looking back at the footage we are very happy with how it looks. There are lots of cut aways of the 2 characters as well as a few location shots that will be useful when editing.





Filming for scene 4 in Park Hill went really well and having helped Heather out with the cinematography I was able to get the right sort of shots I wanted to be able to edit with such as cut aways of the location and close ups of the characters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment