Friday, 9 May 2014
Editing 1
The first process I started when editing was to gather all the footage together onto the desktop from the hardrive and laptop that we had backed it up on to. Secondly all the footage was put into MPEG Streamclip software and converted into an apple pro res 422 quicktime. Having done all this for the clips and streamed all the files onto on folder I was ready to start the edit in Premier. I wanted to edit scene by scene in order just so that nothing got confusing and I would start to get a general idea of what the piece looks like however seeing as 2 of the scenes were done inside the house I could pretty much edit using the same techniques and effects. The first scene in the house having worked closely with Tom was cut together by myself and I think it flows a lot better than I thought it could have as I used a few cuts in between where people were talking so you can see peoples reactions as well as their verbal reaction to the subject that was talking. Having got a rough cut of the scene together Tom then worked on sound with my advice as to how I intended on the scene to have sounded and where the cuts were. He could then go and work on a soundtrack for the piece to improve it which no doubt he did and it sounded great. I then added a color correction and changed the mid tones and high tones of the scene as it was fairly dark and too added a brightness and contrast as well as a saturation effect to try wash some of the yellow glow out. I then edited the 3rd scene in the same way but a little faster this time as the scene was more intense so by adding jump cuts fast transitions the scene again as allowed to flow. I then copied the attributes such as the color correction and the brightness / contrast effects from one of the clips in the first scene and pasted the attributes onto the clips in the 3rd scene to again get rid of some grain as well as the orange and yellow glow off the walls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment