
The documentary of the golden gate bridge appropriately named 'The Bridge' shows a years filming of the bridge itself cut up into some peoples personal stories about suicides that occurred there and the effect that they had on other peoples lives. The crew filmed the bridge for a year capturing close to 50 suicide attempts or successes and having seen the people jump were able to contact the families for interviews for the aftermath. Incredibly there was a survivor who had jumped from the bridge and in his interview explains “I instantly realized that everything in my life that I’d thought was unfix-able was totally fixable except for having just jumped".
The reason I have chosen this documentary to look at is because of the way and style it was filmed. Although much of the documentary was footage of the bridge from a long way away shot in wide angle to make sure the crew didn't miss anything this shot as show above was nicely framed and camera work such as pans and tilts were really taken into consideration with the piece. The cinematography was beautifully composed and real detail was taken into account when shooting the people on the bridge or the wide angle shot itself. This has made me realize that when setting up a interview there is much more than just the subject matter there. Although he/she may be the focal point of the piece much detail for the background and shot type has to be taken into consideration wither it be the shot type or where the subject matter is placed in frame to really emphasize the style and approach we as filmmakers are trying to put across to the audience. I will look at the background for each of the shots I do for the interviews within my presentation with more detail as this could emphasize the point we are tying to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment