
The second day we had planned to film a interview in the Hostel as well as meet Tristan for a interview. The first interview as we had only the location of the Hostel I wanted to find a back drop nice looking but also reflect-ant of the idea and approach we were trying to achieve. I found a board that was used to block off a pathway in the Hostel that was arty and could be placed behind the subject matter. I moved it into the room we had booked out and set up the camera a distance so that the subject matter would be in shot with a head and shoulders mid shot. I asked Hannah if she would sit in the chair so I could adjust the camera settings. I changed the white balance as well as the ISO light. Made sure that the camera was filming in 24fps and had a shutter speed of 50.
The interviewies then arrived and both interviews were recorded with the subject matter right of frame with the interviewer close to the camera but behind and to my left while I sat down and recorded them. The backdrop was to the left of the subject matter.
We then moved on to our second interview of the day meeting Tristan in a place called unit 52. He then walked us to where we had been filming the previous day in Mann street. Again we set up the interview with the tripod as close to eye level of the subject matter. I had also framed Tristan against the street art backdrop and once again it was to the left of the subject matter. I did leave some head space but only a little. It was also hard to frame it due to his hat and the way he was standing but he didn't move which was helpful in the end as the framing eventually was sorted. The second interview location with Tristan was again a standard camera set up with him this time a little more central but to the right center. This gave the backdrop a bigger emphasise on the place and really showed the audience the type of place we were in. To show greater emphasise on this I shot it more of a long shot so you could see the waist area of the subject matter. Again the interview went smoothly with the camera static and recording the whole interview with no problems.
Having spoken to the woman by the art the previous day the contact we had rang us up and said he was available for the interview then and there. So when finishing up with the Tristan interview as a group we then walked down the road to Tomo's workshop to gain a interview with local street artist 'Tomo'. Setting up the interview as hard on this 1 as it took a lot of time to think about. He didn't want his face to be shown so I took the decision to film it from a high angle down onto his head and he was wearing a hooded coat so he put it up and looked down at the floor. I still put the subject matter to the right of the frame when he was talking and now I was inside changed the ISO and white balance settings up atone to adjust for the light, then Hannah asked the questions to Tomo while I recorded them with sound recordist Alex gaining the interviews sound. The interview was short but snappy and when it was over Tomo showed us some of his work within the workshop which we were about to get some quite nice footage of using some pans and tilts had in mind as well as a lot of free hand filming from myself and director Noah.


No comments:
Post a Comment